On December 13th, C.W. Shipley will have an entry in the Bolivar/Harpers Ferry Holiday Parade. Please plan to join us and show the Shipley spirit in your holiday sweatshirts, hats, or jiggle bells! Meet us at our line-up spot by 1:15 pm as the parade is scheduled to begin at 1:30 pm.
As part of the WV Safe and Supportive Schools Initiative, students in Grades 3-5 are invited to take part in the WV School Climate Student Survey. The survey will be administered online in a school-based computer lab and will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
If you have any questions, please contact the WV Department of Education, Office of Research at 304-558-2546.
The Common Core State Standards were adopted by West Virginia in 2011 as the West Virginia's Next Generation Content Standards and Objectives for mathematics and English language arts. West Virginia educators incorporated the common core standards into West Virginia's Next Generation standards making the way teachers teach more focused and flexible while making the way students learn more engaging and personalized. These standards will be fully implemented in grades 3-12 for the 2014-15 academic year.
Smarter Balanced Practice Tests
The Smarter Balanced Practice Tests offer an exciting opportunity for students, parents, and the Jefferson County community to explore West Virginia’s new standardized assessments for English Language Arts and Mathematics. Simply follow this link. Log in as a guest and select a grade to begin discovering firsthand the tools and types of questions that are used to help assess students’ mastery of West Virginia’s Next Generations Content Standards and Objectives. For further information, please go to the Smarter Balanced Practice and Training Tests website.
· Everyone entering the building (including parents bringing students inside the school or signing children out at the end of the day) must provide photo identification.
· Front doors open at 8:30. Please do not bring students to school prior to that time.
· Doors open for parent pick-up at 3:35. Please do not come early.
· All visitors must report directly to the front office, provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge.
· Visitors/Parents are not allowed to go to classrooms after the 9:00 a.m. tardy bell rings.
· If you ask somebody not on your child’s emergency form to pick them up, send a note to school including your contact information and expect to be called by school personnel to verify the authenticity of your note.
· When entering the building, please do not hold the door open for visitors that have not pressed the call button. Each visitor must press the call button and wait to be admitted after speaking with the receptionist.
· The AlphaBest Before/After Care Program has a wireless doorbell to ring if you are checking students in or out of that program.
· All after school programs (sports, scouts, etc.) will have a representative at the front doors to allow entrance.
We would like to assure you that everyone at C.W. Shipley has the safety and welfare of your children as our priority.