Access the Survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/pascswv14s
Enter this code to start the survey: P037206
The survey link will be available through May16.
If you have any questions, please contact the WV Department of Education, Office of Research at 304-558-2546.
National Blue Ribbon Schools are public and private elementary, middle, and high schools that are producing outstanding results for all students. They have demonstrated consistent excellence, and made progress in closing gaps in student achievement. The National Blue Ribbon Schools recognition program is part of a larger U. S. Department of Education effort to identify and disseminate knowledge about effective school leadership and promising instructional practices.
Since its inception in 1982, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has recognized more than 7,000 Great American Schools. Each year, representatives of newly recognized schools gather for a ceremony in Washington, DC where their achievement is officially honored by the U.S. Department of Education.
National Blue Ribbon Schools are announced each Fall.
C. W. SHIPLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
(Wednesday, March 19, 2014)
1. State Certified Birth Certificate
(Student must be 5 years old before September 1)
(According to West Virginia State Law and Rules)
3. Physical (Each student entering Kindergarten
must have a five year old Physical. (Physical forms for a five year old are available at the school office or Jefferson County Board of Education Office. Please call your Doctor for an appointment before school starts.) The Physical Form is due before the first day Kindergarten Students start to school.
5. Proof of Residence (911 Physical Address)
6. Bring your child with you on registration
C. W. Shipley Elementary School Kindergarten Registration for 2013-2014 school year will be Wednesday, March 19, 2014.
9:00-10:30 -- Students with last names A-F
10:30-12:00 -- Students with last names G-L
1:00-2:00 -- Students with last names M-R
2:00-3:00 -- Students with last names S-Z
Students entering C. W. Shipley Elementary School must live in our School District to enroll for school. Students must enroll at their home school.
1. Please bring your child on enrollment day. Language and hearing screenings will be conducted at this registration. If you miss the registration opportunities, please call the school within your home district to make an appointment. (304-725-4395)
2. A child must be 5 years old before September 1 in order to enter kindergarten. School policy allows admission of children, meeting eligibility requirements, born between September 1st and September 15th, inclusive, to kindergarten. To enroll a child born between those dates, contact the Department of Pupil Services at 304-728-9242 to discuss the requirements.
3. Please bring an original State Certified Birth Certificate with the State Seal, as per requirement of WV state law. Information for acquiring a West Virginia State Certified Birth Certificate can be obtained at your county court house or the school office, but you cannot get a State Certified Birth Certificate at the Court House.
4. Proof of the required Immunization Records (listed below)
· DPT –(four doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· Polio –(three doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· MMR = Measles –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Rubella –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Mumps-(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
· Varicella (Chickenpox)-(two doses before kindergarten admission-first dose must be after first birthday)
· Hepatitis B-(3 doses required - last dose must be after the age of 6 months)
· Once school has started and a student transfers to a WV School from Out of State, a TB Skin Test is required before entering school.
To find out how to get immunization records contact your family physician or contact the Jefferson County Health Department at 304-728-8416.
5. Physical - Every kindergarten student will need a Physical completed by a Physician before entering kindergarten. Forms for a Physical are available at the School Office or a local Doctor’s Office.
6. Schools are also required to ask for Your child’s Social Security Number. Please bring it with you on registration day.
7. Proof of residency (Please bring a utility bill such as an electric bill that has your Name and your 911 physical address not just your mailing address.)
Two Jefferson County Schools have been named “Reward Schools” by the West Virginia Department of Education: C.W. Shipley Elementary School and Ranson Elementary School
C.W. Shipley Elementary was one of the 28 schools in West Virginia identified as High Performing Reward schools, and both Ranson Elementary School and C.W. Shipley Elementary School were identified as High Progress Reward Schools. These two schools were the only schools in the Eastern Panhandle to achieve this distinction.
A Reward School is a school with outstanding student achievement or growth over the past three years. The High Performing Schools are the highest in the State in terms of school-wide proficiency, subgroup proficiency, and graduation rates.
The Highest Progress Reward Schools have high levels of student growth as shown on the state's WESTEST II test.
These schools are the schools commended by the State for their high academic performance and/or growth in Reading/Language Arts and Math. The top 10% of schools are used as the pool for selecting the “High Performing Rewards’ Schools.”
Principal of C.W. Shipley Elementary School, Heather Boucher, says, “We would like to recognize our students, teachers, and parents for all their hard work, thank them for their dedication and encourage them to continue to strive for excellence. We know it is only because of everyone working together that C.W. Shipley Elementary is so honored by these awards.”
Debra Corbett, Principal of Ranson Elementary School, says “Ranson Elementary School is honored to be recognized as a West Virginia High Progress School. Our staff and students work hard to strive and maintain high academic standards and progress among all groups and subgroups. Ranson’s Strategic Plan is the key roadmap to our success guiding all our stakeholders to reach schoolwide goals while focusing on our core beliefs.”
· Everyone entering the building (including parents bringing students inside the school or signing children out at the end of the day) must provide photo identification.
· Front doors open at 8:30. Please do not bring students to school prior to that time.
· Doors open for parent pick-up at 3:35. Please do not come early.
· All visitors must report directly to the front office, provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge.
· Visitors/Parents are not allowed to go to classrooms after the 9:00 a.m. tardy bell rings.
· If you ask somebody not on your child’s emergency form to pick them up, send a note to school including your contact information and expect to be called by school personnel to verify the authenticity of your note.
· When entering the building, please do not hold the door open for visitors that have not pressed the call button. Each visitor must press the call button and wait to be admitted after speaking with the receptionist.
· The AlphaBest Before/After Care Program has a wireless doorbell to ring if you are checking students in or out of that program.
· All after school programs (sports, scouts, etc.) will have a representative at the front doors to allow entrance.
We would like to assure you that everyone at C.W. Shipley has the safety and welfare of your children as our priority.
If you have a loyalty card and have not registered it, please consider doing so. It is free and definitely helps the school.
Log on to: https://www.foodlionmvprewards.com/ to register online, or
Dial 1-877-614-6877 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID # for the Food Lion MVP Program is: 218523
GIANT’S Bonus Card Program:
Log on to: www.giantfood.com/aplus to register online, or
Dial 1-877-275-2758 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID# for the Giant’s Bonus Card Program is: 03841
MARTIN’S Bonus Card Program:
Log on to: www.martinsfoods.com/aplus to register online, or
Dial 1-888-448-4642 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID# for the Martins Bonus Card Program is: 00262
TARGET’S RED CARD Program:
Log on to: www.target.com /redcard/benefits-target-rewards to register online, or
Shipley’s ID for Target’s Red Card Program is: 107294
After you register your card, each time you use your store rewards cards at these stores, you will earn cash for C.W. Shipley, which will be used for educational needs.
Thank you for taking the time to register your card to benefit the students at C.W. Shipley.
Heather E. Boucher
P.S. Don’t forget to save and send in Boxtops for Education, which can be found on many General Mills products. Each Boxtop is 10¢, that helps fund the Elizabeth Seibert Scholarship, which is given to graduating seniors, who attended Shipley at least 4 years.